TERM FOUR: Weekend Auslan (Sign Language) Two @ HOBART
- Event Date
- November 24, 2018 - November 25, 2018
- 9:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday
- Tasdeaf -139 New Town Road, New Town 7008
This course is ideal for those who have completed Auslan (Sign Language) One and may not have the time to attend weekly classes. Cover the entire Auslan (Sign Language) Two curriculum in two days.
You will build on your learning from Auslan One and learn more about the grammatical structure of the language.Auslan (Sign Language) One or an equivalent study must be completed before enrolling in Auslan (Sign Language) Two.
Auslan (Sign Language) Two
- Your Auslan Teacher will be Deaf.
- You will be learning a visual language.
- Your Auslan Teacher will demonstrate how to sign and for you to follow.
- Classroom will not be based on auditory learning.
- You will receive a new handbook for each class.
- There is no assessment for this Auslan course.
- Class will run for 7 hours and you will get 2 x 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch break.
- Small activity/game on the new signs you have learnt. This can be in pairs or in a group activity.
You will learn expressive and receptive signing skills and practice every day signs for use in basic conversations with Deaf people. You will also learn about Deaf culture.
Auslan Two Outline:
Lesson 1: Revision of key signs from Sign Language One, animal signs
Lesson 2: Revisit signs from lesson 1, education and work, roles at work
Lesson 3: Revisit signs from lesson 2, nature and environment, weather signs
Lesson 4: Revisit signs from lesson 3, advanced places, advances house signs
Lesson 5: Revisit signs from lesson 4, transport, direction and location, describing signs
Lesson 6: Revisit signs from lesson 5, technology, cities and country signs
Our Auslan classes are taught in an adult learning environment appropriate for those aged 16 years and above. Students aged 13-16 years old are welcome to attend along with a parent/guardian enrolment.
For more questions, you can visit our FAQs page - click here.
Please read our terms and conditions before enrolling, in particular to payments, withdrawals, deferrals and cancellations.
Please bring cash accompanied with printed email of ‘Event Registration’ and pay in person to Tasdeaf reception during business hours at 139 New Town Road, New Town, TAS 7008.