Deaf Professionals Network
When: July 7 2017
Where: Melbourne Polytechnic 144 High Street U Building 206 Lecture Room Prahran, VIC 3181
Melbourne Polytechnic and Vicdeaf are excited to introduce AuslanX series. A formal setting where Deaf professionals will present on engaging and thought provoking topics relative to the Deaf Community.
Launching on July 7, we will have two Deaf Professionals Presenting: Brent Phillips, Director of Language, Partnerships and innovation at Vicdeaf will present on his recent trip around America made possible by the Ethel Temby Study Tour Grant. His trip included visits at the following organisations:
- Gallaudet University Interpreting Services
- Access Interpreting
- Gallaudet University Video Production Services
- Gallaudet University Deaf Space Tour
- Street Leverage Live Conference
- Communication Services for the Deaf
- ZVRS (who have recently merged with Purple VRS)
- Convo VRS
- Palo Alto Interpreting Services
- Google Hangouts
Sherrie Beaver will be presenting on her masters paper on how Deaf people access information on emergencies. She will be presenting on
- How they use social media like Facebook
- What can be achieved from her research
- How we use technology today to find out whats happening in your local area
- Information on emergencies such as Floods, Cyclones, Bushfires.
Entry is free but please bring a gold coin donation and finger food provided on the night.
On the night we will be revealing the new AuslanX logo. View the video below for more information.
Networking for Deaf Workers and Students
The Deaf Professionals Network is open to Deaf and hard of hearing people with an interest in career, leadership, life development and further studies.
The objective of the group is to provide Deaf and hard of hearing people with information, support, networking and training opportunities.
Events include the annual Business Breakfast, guest speakers, social events and workshops on a range of topics.
Want to know more about DPN?
You can check out previous DPN events here on our website: Previous DPN Events