EOI Regional Auslan Teachers
We are looking for Auslan teachers who live in regional areas of Vicroria who are interested in teaching Auslan to the communnities in their local area.
Areas of interest
- Hume: Shepparton, Pyalong, Wangaratta, Seymour, Wodonga
- Loddon Mallee: Bendigo, Maryborough
- Gippsland: Bairnsdale, Lakes Entrance, Sale, Traralgon, Morewell, Moe, Phillip Island
- Grampians: Ballarat, Ararat
This position is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of Auslan classes and tuition for hearing, hard of hearing or Deaf people.
KRA: Auslan Classes
The provision of Auslan tuition for Deaf, hard of hearing and hearing people.
- Meet with Sign Language Program Coordinator for meetings or to collect Vicdeaf Sign Language Training Package.
- Arrive at a reasonable time prior to classes to set up classroom for teaching
- Prepare and arrange class resources for students
- Conduct Roll Calls where necessary
- Deliver Auslan classes in accordance with the Vicdeaf Sign Language Training Package.
- Raise any issues/feedback with Auslan classes with the Sign Language Program Coordinator.
- Present the Sign Language Program Coordinator with completed timesheets
- Undertake general administration duties in relation to the delivery of Auslan classes
- Discuss with Sign Language Program Coordinator and receive Vicdeaf Sign Language Training Package.
- Create a positive learning environment and resources are used effectively
- Only resources approved by Vicdeaf is provided to students upon their arrival
- Completed Roll Calls are given to Sign Language Program Coordinator after the completion of classes
- Auslan classes is delivered effectively within the Vicdeaf Sign Language Training Package
- The Sign Language Program Coordinator is aware of any issues/feedback arising from Auslan classes
- Timesheets are clear and presented on time before each payrun.
- All general administrative duties are completed in accordance with Vicdeaf’s guidelines and work instructions
- Well developed organisational and time management skills
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Please note this position does not require any formal qualifications
- Some teaching skills is desirable
- Positive and flexible nature able to deal with a wide range of people and situations
- Resilient attitude with the ability to deal with issues in a calm and non confrontational manner
- Proven team player but demonstrated competency to work independently
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity when dealing with sensitive information
- The ability to develop rapport with students
- Reliable and punctual at all times
- Manager, Communication & Community Programs
- Team Leader, Community Programs
- Sign Language Program Coordinator, Community Programs
- Auslan Teachers
- Auslan Students
- General Public
To express your interest, please fill out form below and submit your interest: