Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) Service
**Special free emergency VRI interpreting service available during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak**
If you need an emergency Auslan interpreter, you can get free emergency VRI interpreting to talk with:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) clinics
Please note: This free service is only for a Coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency
For an emergency during business hours (9am-5pm)
- Text “I need an interpreter” to 0438 723 342 for quick access to an interpreter
- We will contact you straight back to organise the interpreter
For an emergency during after-hours (5pm – 9am)
- The hospital, doctor, police or other emergency service will book an interpreter for you. They can contact Auslan Connections to book.
You can use VRI to access a certified Auslan interpreter from wherever you are.
Reasons to use VRI:
- Fast convenient access to certified Auslan interpreter
- Reduced wait times for interpreters
- No travel times for interpreters so this service is cheaper for you
- Better access to interpreting service in rural and remote areas
- Our 30-minute minimum booking you will save money for shorter appointments
- Try our VRI service today!
Our VRI features include:
- 30-MINUTE minimum bookings
- FREE TRIAL for all new VRI users
- Use your preferred app or program, or we can host a Zoom meeting for you
- We can advise you on how to set up your technology and devices for VRI
Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) with a NDIS plan
You can use VRI with your NDIS Plan - even at home.
You can use VRI for:
- Online get-togethers with family and friends
- Learning more about how to use technology
If you have Auslan interpreting in your NDIS Plan, you can try VRI.
**Special COVID-19 discount – contact Auslan Connections for prices**
VRI with a NDIS plan features include:
- Use your favourite app
- We can help you set up your technology and devices for VRI
What you need to use Video Remote Interpreting (VRI)
You will need a device (computer, tablet or phone) with a web camera and a stable internet connection.
To book your VRI session contact Auslan Connections on:
SMS. 0438 723 342
Phone. (03) 9473 1117