Expression Deaf Grants
Expression Deaf Grants aim to give people the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of people who are Deaf and hard of hearing. We’re proud to have awarded almost $20,000 in grants since 2018 to support Deaf ideas, businesses, creative endeavours and projects that improve inclusion and participation opportunities for our Deaf and hard of hearing community.
There are 4 rounds open to applications each year, in January, April, July and October.
We are excited to announce that we are accepting round 3 applications.
Expression Deaf Grants
Expression Deaf Grants aim to give Deaf and hard of hearing people the opportunity to achieve our vision of access, inclusion and equal opportunity in all areas of life.
These grants aim to benefit individuals, groups, teams or organisations striving to break barriers, and develop Deaf identity and interests in the Deaf community.
- Preference will be given to candidates/projects in Victoria and Tasmania.
- National projects will be considered. Applications from outside Victoria and Tasmania will be considered, however, they will need to demonstrate a clear and direct benefit to the Deaf community in Victoria and Tasmania.
- Applications from organisations with an annual turnover of > $100,000 will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to projects/candidates that have not applied within the year prior to now.
- Grants will be spread across multiple areas so that funds will benefit the community in a wide range of areas.
- Where an application is for a sporting event, applications should be made from the team.
Read about some of our previous Expression Deaf Grant recipients here.
Previous winners include:
|Around the Grounds||$1,000||1||2019|
|Deaf Youth Australia||$2,000||1||2019|
|Melbourne Deaf Cricket Club (MDCC) Willows||$750||2||2019|
|Glendonald Association Inc.||$500||2||2019|
|The Goannas (Australian Men's Deaf Basketball Team)||$2,000||2||2019|
|Ballarat Deaf Social Club||$500||2||2019|
|Open Captions Australia||$1,000||3||2019|
|Karli Health Centre (Ben Souter Legacy Trust Fund)||$500||3||2019|
|Lily Drummond Films||$1,000||3||2019|
|Deaf Sports Australia||$750||4||2019|
|Australian Deaf Ladies Weekend||$1,000||4||2019|