Expression Deaf Grants
Expression Deaf Grants aim to give people the opportunity to make an impact on the lives of people who are Deaf and hard of hearing. We’re proud to have awarded almost $20,000 in grants since 2018 to support Deaf ideas, businesses, creative endeavours and projects that improve inclusion and participation opportunities for our Deaf and hard of hearing community. If you have an idea we’d love to see your application! Preference is given to Victorian and Tasmanian applicants.
Applications for the 2020 grants are now open.
To submit an application for an Expression Deaf Grant, you can:
• Fill out the grant application form available here: Expression Deaf Grants Application Form
• Or make an Auslan video of your application and email a link to your video to view or download (e.g. YouTube, dropbox)
• Use the subject line “Expression Deaf Grant Application” in your email
Application close dates for 2020:
|Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
|January 31||April 30||July 31||October 31|
Email your Expression Deaf Grant application form, or email the link to your Auslan video to firstname.lastname@example.org before the close of the round.
Expression Deaf Grants
Expression Deaf Grants aim to give Deaf and hard of hearing people the opportunity to achieve our vision of access, inclusion and equal opportunity in all areas of life.
These grants aim to benefit individuals, groups, teams or organisations striving to break barriers, develop Deaf identity and interests among the Deaf community.
- Preference will be given to candidates/projects in Victoria and Tasmania.
- Please see previous grant recipients for examples of funding amounts granted.
- National projects will be considered. Applications from outside Victoria and Tasmania will be considered, however, they will need to demonstrate a clear and direct benefit to the Deaf community in Victoria and Tasmania.
- Applications from organisations with an annual turnover of > $100,000 will not be considered.
- Preference will be given to projects/candidates that did not apply in the year before.
- Grants will be spread across multiple areas so that funds will benefit the community in a wide range of areas.
- Where an application is for a sporting event, applications should be made from the team.
Read about some of our previous Expression Deaf Grant recipients here.
Previous winners include:
|Around the Grounds||$1,000||1|
|Deaf Youth Australia||$2,000||1|
|Melbourne Deaf Cricket Club (MDCC) Willows||$750||2|
|Glendonald Association Inc.||$500||2|
|The Goannas (Australian Men's Deaf Basketball Team)||$2,000||2|
|Ballarat Deaf Social Club||$500||2|
|Open Captions Australia||$1,000||3|
|Karli Health Centre (Ben Souter Legacy Trust Fund)||$500||3|
|Lily Drummond Films||$1,000||3|
|Deaf Sports Australia||$750||4|
|Australian Deaf Ladies Weekend||$1,000||4|