TERM ONE: Auslan (Sign Language) Two @ RINGWOOD
- Event Date
- February 11, 2020 - March 17, 2020
- 6:00pm - 8:00pm Tuesdays
- Central Ringwood Community Centre, Bedford Park, Rosewarne Ln, Ringwood VIC 3134
Auslan (Sign Language) Two
- Your Auslan Teacher will be Deaf.
- You will be learning a visual language.
- Your Auslan Teacher will demonstrate how to sign and for you to follow.
- Classroom will not be based on auditory learning.
- You will receive a new handbook for each class.
- There is no assessment for this Auslan course.
- Class will run for 2 hours and you will get a 15 minutes break in between.
- Small activity/game on the new signs you have learnt. This can be in pairs or in a group activity.
You will learn expressive and receptive signing skills and practice every day signs for use in basic conversations with Deaf people. You will also learn about Deaf culture.
Auslan Two Outline:
Week 1: Revision of key signs from Auslan One, animal signs
Week 2: Revisit signs from week 1, education and work, roles at work
Week 3: Revisit signs from week 2, nature and environment, weather signs
Week 4: Revisit signs from week 3, advanced places, advances house signs
Week 5: Revisit signs from week 4, transport, direction and location, describing signs
Week 6: Revisit signs from week 5, technology, cities and country signs
Our Auslan classes are taught in an adult learning environment appropriate for those aged 16 years and above. Students aged 13-16 years old are welcome to attend along with a parent/guardian enrolment.
For more questions, you can visit our FAQs page - click here.
Please read our terms and conditions before enrolling, in particular to payments, withdrawals, deferrals and cancellations.