Auslan Update - 03 November, 2021
More than 2,200 Gippsland homes have entered day six with no electricity.
- About 2,200 Gippsland homes remain without power since last Friday's wild winds
- AusNet Services, an energy company, says 300 people are in the field today to restore electricity.
- One family has been bathing their toddlers under sprinklers
Victoria records 941 new local COVID-19 cases
- Victoria has recorded 941 new local COVID-19 cases and eight deaths.
- It is the second day in a row the state has recorded fewer than 1,000 new cases.
- There are now 18,361 active cases of the virus in Victoria, and 326 people have died during the state's current Delta outbreak.
- The new cases were detected from 63,278 test results received yesterday.
- There are 657 people in hospital with COVID-19, of whom 117 are in intensive care and 69 are on a ventilator.
- There were 9,440 doses of vaccine administered at state-run sites yesterday, and more vaccinations at GP clinics and other venues.
- Victoria has now given at least one dose of vaccine to 92.7 per cent of its population aged 16 and over, and 82.2 per cent are fully vaccinated.
- More restrictions will be lifted when 90 per cent of the population aged 12 and up have been fully vaccinated.
Missing four-year-old Cleo Smith has been found alive
- Missing four-year-old Cleo Smith has been found alive after disappearing almost three weeks ago.
- Cleo had been missing for 18 days from WA's remote outback and was found alone in a house in the coastal town of Carnarvon, about 900 kilometers north of Perth. WA Police said she was found inside a locked house in Carnarvon.
- A 36-year-old man had been taken into custody and police are questioning him. The man has no connections to the family.