Eighty per cent of eligible Australians aged 16 and over are fully vaccinated.
- Eighty per cent of eligible Australians aged 16 and over have now received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Vaccination rates among states and territories remain uneven
- Vaccination rates are highest in the ACT, where close to 95 per cent of the population aged 16 years and over is fully vaccinated.
- New South Wales is not far behind, with 90 per cent of the eligible population having had both doses of the vaccine.
- But in the Northern Territory and Western Australia, only 65 per cent are fully vaccinated. In Queensland the figure is 66 per cent, and in South Australia 69 per cent.
- The PM urged unvaccinated Australians to make a booking as soon as possible.
Hawthorn AFL player Finn Maginness tests positive to COVID-19.
- Hawthorn has confirmed AFL player Finn Maginness has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Maginness woke up with COVID-19 symptoms on Tuesday
- He underwent a test and entered isolation while awaiting the result. He will now quarantine as per the AFL and Victorian government's protocols.
- His close contacts have been tested and are in isolation
- All players have had at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Tuvalu's foreign minister has given a speech to the UN COP26 climate summit while standing knee-deep in seawater.
- Tuvalu's foreign minister has given a speech to the UN COP26 climate summit while standing knee-deep in seawater to show how his low-lying Pacific Island nation is on the frontline of climate change.
- Images of Simon Kofe standing in a suit and tie at a lectern set up in the sea have been shared widely on social media, drawing attention to Tuvalu's struggle against rising sea levels.
- Tuvalu's highest point is just 4.5 metres above sea level making it particularly vulnerable to climate change.
- Mr Kofe said he delivered the video address in a place that used to be dry land
- Tuvalu is planning for a "worst-case scenario" under which its population is forced to move due to land being submerged.