Lockdown lifts today for most parts of regional Victoria except for Greater Shepparton
- Regional schools reopened to some students and travel restrictions eased. Hospitality venues have reopened, with strict capacity limits of 10 people indoors and 20 outdoors.
- Premier Daniel Andrews said he hoped Greater Shepparton would join the rest of regional Victoria next week.
- Major disruptions are expected in the coming weeks on the V/Line, with 110 staff close contacts after a train driver tested positive to COVID-19.
- The Albury, Gippsland, Swan Hill and Warrnambool lines would be disrupted by the staff shortages, with coaches replacing trains.
- Victoria has recorded 334 new cases of COVID-19, and one coronavirus death.
- Student turnout for vaccinations has also grown, with at least 56,000 young Victorians aged 16, 17 and 18 receiving their first jab.
- 64 per cent of eligible Victorians have had their first dose
NSW Premier says the state’s daily 11:00am COVID-19 press conferences will end from Monday
- Instead, NSW Health will publish daily videos outlining the latest information.
- NSW recorded 1,542 locally acquired COVID-19 cases and nine deaths.
Tasmania to make masks mandatory at events of 1,000 people or more from next Saturday
- Premier Peter Gutwein said the order would apply to both indoor and outdoor events including Hobart’s Salamanca Market.
- The Premier described the decision as a "sensible" one to reduce COVID-19 risk in the community.
- Tasmania is open to the rest of the country, but remains closed to NSW, the ACT and Victoria.