From yesterday Victoria has recorded 567 new community cases of COVID-19 and one death, a woman aged in her 70s .
- There are currently 5,675 active cases in the state, with 85 per cent under the age of 50.
- There are 209 people in hospital, 59 of those are in intensive care and 40 are on a ventilator.
- Of the cases in hospital, 86 per cent were not vaccinated and 12 per cent were partially vaccinated, only 3 people in hospital are fully vaccinated.
- Starting this week, the Moderna vaccine will be available in Victorian Pharmacies.
As of 12am this morning the City of Greater Geelong, the Surf Coast Shire and the Mitchell Shire are in lockdown due to a rapid increase in cases in those areas.
- People living in that area can now only leave their home for the 6 essential reasons
Yesterday Premier Daniel Andrews announced the plan for Victoria’s road map out of lockdown, which is based on vaccine numbers rather than case numbers.
- Phase A: Target Date 26th September- 80% of the population have had a single dose of the vaccine
-Outdoor sports including basketball, cricket etc outdoors with 5 people from 2 households.
- Phase B: Target date 26th October - 70% of the population have had both doses of the vaccine-
-The 6 reasons to leave your house and curfew will be lifted
-Pubs, clubs and entertainment venues can open to 50 fully vaccinated people outdoors.
-10 fully vaccinated people can gather outdoors
-All school students return on-site at least part time.
-Hairdressers open for up to 5 fully vaccinated people at a time.
-Community Sports program can be held indoors.
-Pubs and clubs can open to 30 fully vaccinated people indoors.
- Phase C: Target date 5th November- 80% of the population have had both doses of the vaccine
-Up to 10 people (including dependants) can visit your home and up to 30 can gather in public outside.
-Pubs, restaurants and cafes can open for seated service only, up-to 150 fully vaccinated people inside and 500 outdoors
-Work from home if you can, but you can go to work if fully vaccinated.
-All retail open.
-All students return to school with additional safety measures in-place.
- Phase D: Target date 19th November- 80% of people, including those aged 12-16 years old have had both doses of the vaccine.
This means that by Christmas you should be able to have up to 30 people visit your home.