Victoria records 1,503 COVID-19 cases and six deaths after record day of testing.
- Out of those cases, authorities have confirmed 61 Omicron variant cases so far.
- Victoria processed 92,262 test results on Tuesday, its highest daily number since the pandemic began.
- There are 394 COVID-19 patients in Victorian hospitals, including 70 active cases in intensive care and 41 patients on a ventilator.
- There are 44 patients whose infections are no longer considered active in ICU.
Victorian multicultural commissioner to file human rights complaint against Hotel Sorrento.
- A Victorian multicultural commissioner says he will file a human rights complaint against a beachside venue for discrimination after they refused him entry based on his clothing.
- The commissioner says he was not allowed entry because he was not wearing a “collared shirt.”
- He alleges staff were discriminatory after he saw patrons wearing T-shirts enter the venue
Tasmania records 12 new COVID-19 cases, taking total to 26 since borders reopened.
- All the cases are either being managed at home or in a community case management facility.
- Yesterday, Premier Peter Gutwein said the state's border would remain open, after calls from the Tasmanian Greens to shut it.
Dinosaur embryo found curled up and ready to hatch from fossilised egg.
- Scientists have announced the discovery of an exquisitely preserved dinosaur embryo from at least 66 million years ago that was preparing to hatch from its egg just like a baby chicken.
- The fossil was forgotten about in storage for decades and originally discovered in Ganzhou, southern China.
- The fossil belonged to a toothless theropod dinosaur.
- This fossil has given new insights into the link between dinosaurs and modern birds.
Auslan Update Announcement:
Expression’s Auslan Update team will be taking a break over the Christmas and New year holidays. During 24th December 2021 – 24th January 2022, We will be back on the 25th of January 2021.