Auslan Information Project Officer
About the role:
Expression Australia is undergoing a significant era of change and growth, following the recent launch of our 2021 – 2024 Strategic Plan, we are committed to the continuous empowerment of Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals in all aspects of their life.
As part of our strategic plan commitments, we are recruiting motivated Auslan Information Project Officers to join the team for the ILC Funded Auslan Information Hub project funded the ILC grant.
What is the Auslan Information Hub Project?
- The Auslan Information Hub project is an exciting and innovative project exploring different methods of making information more relevant, accessible, and inclusive for the Deaf Community.
What is the role?
- Provide advice and guidance to the organisation on tasks and outcomes as part of the Auslan Information Hub under the ILC grant
- Provide accessible information to clients
- Trial, track and report different information delivery approaches (e.g. infographics, role plays, interviews)
- Meet with different stakeholders including COP meetings, members of the community, and internal stakeholders.
- Track, report and provide feedback on progress to Project Lead including project developments, progress to milestones
There are two positions available, fixed term to the end of November 2022.
Roles are based in Victoria (full time) and Tasmania (two days a week)
- You are organised and able to track progress and report processes effectively
- You are able to work well within a collaborative team environment
- You are open to ideas and trying different approaches
- You are passionate about accessibility of information in the Deaf community
Skills and qualifications
- You are bi-lingual with fluency in Auslan and English
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Able to work both autonomously and in teams
- Able to network and organise events/focus groups
For more detailed information about this position, please see the Position Description on our website www.expression.com.au/work-with-us.
We are an inclusive organisation with an aim to be an employer of an equal number of Deaf and Hard hearing people. Applications from Deaf and Hard of Hearing candidates are encouraged.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia.
We welcome applications in Auslan and English, applicants can submit applications via:
- English resume accompanied by a Cover Letter in the form of an Auslan Video (up to 5 minutes) - applicants can send a link via YouTube, or
- English resume and Cover Letter.
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com - using the subject line: [Your name] – Auslan Information Project Officer
Applications without a cover letter specific to this position will not be accepted