Expression Australia connects people who are Deaf and hard of hearing to the life they want to lead - through ensuring better access, inclusion and equal opportunity.
Expression Australia is seeking a full-time Translator to join our team.
The purpose of this role is to provide expert advice and language consultancy in order to ensure the delivery of high quality, accessible and engaging translations for Expression Australia and external clients.
The role also involves presenting and may involve Deaf Interpreting.
his is a full-time permanent position based at Collingwood with hybrid working arrangements available.
- Working closely with Video Productions, provide assistance with quoting for projects and services and in understanding or developing project briefs
- Provide clear and effective translation of information from English to Auslan and present in an Auslan format that reflects the intended audience
- Provide pre-production translation assistance so that scripts are prepared for Deaf presenters
- Provide post production quality assurance to ensure Auslan presentation is professional, clear, easy to understand and effective.
- Deaf presenting (being filmed for Auslan translations)
- Deaf Interpreting on an ad-hoc basis
- Experience in Translation Auslan-English
- Knowledge and understanding of the Deaf Community.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders across organisational hierarchies.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to work autonomously
- NAATI Certification will be highly regarded but is not essential
We are an inclusive organisation with an aim to be an employer of an equal number of Deaf and Hard hearing people. Applications from Deaf and Hard of Hearing candidates are encouraged.
For more detailed information about this position, please see the Position Description.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: firstname.lastname@example.org - using the subject line: [Your name] – Translator
The recruitment processes
- We want to meet you ourselves and make sure we’re a good fit.
- You’ll be contacted for an initial conversation. If we’re a match, you’ll be invited to an interview with our recruitment team and the manager you’ll be working with.
- From there, we’ll make a shortlist of candidates.
We welcome applications in Auslan and written, applicants can submit applications via:
- Written resume accompanied by a Cover Letter in the form of an Auslan Video (up to 5 minutes) - applicants can send a link via YouTube, or
- Written resume and Cover Letter.
Applications can be sent to: email@example.com - using the subject line: [Your name] – Translator