Vicdeaf Property Update July 2014
Below is an update about Vicdeaf's property review from Christine Mathieson, Chief Executive Officer for Vicdeaf:
I would like to provide you with an update on our property.
- I am very pleased to announce that following a very thorough and competitive sale process in conjunction with Ernst and Young, this week Vicdeaf sold 340 Albert St.
- There were numerous bidders interested in our property and pleasingly we sold the building for an amount significantly higher than the valuation amount.
- Settlement of the property will be 1 September this year
- We will become tenants and lease the building back from the new owners for a period up to 5 years.
- The new owner is in the property business so we feel confident that we will have a good landlord.
On behalf of myself and the Board I would like to thank staff and community members for their patience, interest and support throughout this process. This is a really exciting time for Vicdeaf as we can now start planning for our future property, one that we hope will result in better facilities for the community and staff. As part of the consultations for our new Strategic Plan we will also invite your feedback and input about ideas for the future.
I will keep you updated over the next few months as Vicdeaf enters into this very exciting phase.
Chief Executive Officer