The Support Worker role provides practical NDIS & Aged Care related support to Deaf and Hard of Hearing people by building up capacity and/or independent living skills including, but not limited to: home, accommodation settings, personal care, domestic assistance, social access & community participation and confidence in using technology/assistive devices within their homes and the wider community.
Support Workers will be required to provide support at varying locations across Expression Australia’s Accommodation, residential, Disability and Aged Care support services. All employees will have a primary rostered location, but will be expected to have flexibility for ad hoc support across the support function, with written notice provided by Expression Australia.
We are looking for full-time, part-time and casual roles.
- Ability to provide core support enabling participants to live independently within the community, increasing their quality of life, and supporting participants to exercise choice and control.
- Experience working with people with various challenges; mental health, additional disabilities, and/or from non-English speaking backgrounds, advanced age.
- Great communications skills that will allow you to liaise with relevant agencies/service providers where guided by the participant to ensure access for participants to services is implemented and supported.
- Current First Aid Level 2
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Certificate III in Community Services
- Current driver’s license (including valid registration and full comprehensive third-party insurance)
- Understanding of the Disability Act, DHHS Standards, NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS Practice Standards and all other relevant legislations
- Auslan skills or a desire to learn
What we offer:
- 15 days sick/carer’s leave
- Salary packaging
- A high energy and supportive work environment
- An emphasis on positive work/life balance
- Free Staff Auslan classes
- Staff wellbeing events
- Staff training and development sessions
We are an inclusive workplace with an aim to be an employer of an equal number of Deaf and Hard hearing people. Applications from Deaf and Hard of Hearing candidates are encouraged.
For more detailed information about this position, please see the Position Description.
To apply, fill out the form at the link below.
Alternatively, you can email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: firstname.lastname@example.org - using the subject line: [Your name] – Support Worker
We welcome applications in Auslan and/or English, applicants can submit applications either:
- Resume in English and (or plus) a Cover Letter in Auslan Video (up to 5 minutes) - applicants can send a link via YouTube,
- Resume and Cover Letter both in English