Deaf Access Victoria workers work in the rural and regional areas of Victoria. Deaf Access Victoria works to make rural and regional communities a better place for Deaf and hard of hearing people to live.
Deaf Access Victoria can assist Deaf and hard of hearing people who live in rural or regional Victoria to:
• Participate in the life of their community, to get involved in things that are happening;
• Work with community organisations and services to support people and their families;
• Have a say in what happens in their communities, local services and organisations;
• Get information about services and supports in their area;
• Be able to communicate, have access to interpreters and hearing assistance.