As a Support Coordinator you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of participants by playing a critical role in providing high quality service coordinating participant NDIS plans to connect participants to their community, build capability and lead the life they want to live.
Leading participant choice and control, the Support Coordinator will support participants of varying ages (primarily young to older adults) ranging in personal circumstances and levels of complexity, whilst ensuring participants are engaged and supported to access suitable services.
Support Coordinators are solution focused and creative thinkers, with ability to think ‘outside the square’ to find appropriate supports for clients to overcome barriers, with particular consideration to Deaf, Hard of Hearing and CALD needs.
In this role Support Coordinators are provided with ongoing training and mentoring through team meetings, training, and manager supervision to support continuous learning in the role.
This is a full-time permanent position based at East Melbourne with hybrid working arrangements available.
- Build and manage a caseload of participants ensuring a person centred, capacity building, and goal focussed approach
- Interpret, understand, and develop support plans, including monitoring and evaluation of progress towards goals
- Work with participants, their families, and carers to understand and engage with the participant plans and NDIS
- Research, coordinate and manage a range of supports to meet the needs of the participant, including management of multiple providers
- Work within the funding levels associated with each participant including continuous tracking, monitoring, and claiming of billable hours into the Client Management System (Lumary)
- Build strong relationships with participants, NDIS planners and service providers
- Support participants to build their capacity in maintaining positive relationships with their supports
- Develop, maintain and complete relevant documentation such as service agreements
- Maintain accurate records of work carried out, in accordance with legislative and audit requirements
- Produce progress reports in accordance with NDIA requirements
- Be part of a dynamic and dedicated team
- You have a relevant qualification in Social Work, Community Development, Disability Studies or Human Services equivalent is preferred
- Previous experience with NDIS case management
- Demonstrated experience in managing a complex caseload and dealing with crisis situations (desirable not essential)
- Strong time management skills, able to plan, set priorities to meet objectives
- Strong problem-solving skills and a solution focused mindset
- Ability to work towards and achieve KPIs relating to billing of service delivery
- Knowledge of the Deaf and hard of hearing Community (desirable)
- Auslan Fluency (desirable)
- Excellent administration, IT, and time management skills
We are an inclusive organisation with an aim to be an employer of an equal number of Deaf and Hard hearing people. Applications from Deaf and Hard of Hearing candidates are encouraged.
The recruitment processes
- We want to meet you ourselves and make sure we’re a good fit.
- You’ll be contacted for an initial conversation. If we’re a match, you’ll be invited to an interview with our recruitment team and the manager you’ll be working with.
- From there, we’ll make a shortlist of candidates.
We welcome applications in Auslan and written, applicants can submit applications via:
- Written resume accompanied by a Cover Letter in the form of an Auslan Video (up to 5 minutes) - applicants can send a link via YouTube, or
- Written resume and Cover Letter.
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org - using the subject line: [Your name] – Support Coordinator
Please Note: As of February 2021, successful applicants will be required to obtain a NDIS Worker Screening Check, this check is at the cost of the applicant. Expression Australia will advise a candidate when they need to undertake this check.
All applicants please be aware that in line with the Victorian Chief Health Officer’s Directions, all Expression Australia workers must be fully vaccinated, unless a medical exception applies. Applicants will be required to provide their Australian Government COVID-19 Digital Immunisation Certificate/s or evidence of medical exception or evidence of vaccination booking as part of our pre-employment requirements