Community Engagement Officer
This role will focus on community engagement initiatives following strategic plan 2021-2024 including delivering community events, activities, and community consultations. Through these activities, you will work closely with a small team of three to connect with all different aspects of the community and deliver the outcomes.
This role is part-time based in East Melbourne office, working arrangements are flexible.
- Assist Community Engagement Manager with engagement initiatives including stakeholder engagement, partnerships, and community consultations.
- Coordinating & delivering daily community events for our diverse community
- Develop Auslan videos to ensure inclusivity of our communications
- Connect and develop relationships with deaf & hard of hearing individuals
- Event coordination
- Stakeholder engagement (including community)
- Fluent in Auslan
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Member of deaf & hard of hearing community
- Have the knowledge of the Australian Deaf Community landscape together with personal networks
- Are passionate about the deaf community and connecting people with intersectionality identities
- Are determined to learn or develop new skill
We encourage you to contact us if you would like to discuss about this role prior your application.
For more detailed information about this position, please see the Position Description. We are an inclusive organisation with an aim to be an employer of an equal number of Deaf and Hard hearing people. Applications from Deaf and Hard of Hearing candidates are encouraged.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: firstname.lastname@example.org - using the subject line: [Your name] –
Applications can be submitted in Auslan or English
Applications without a cover letter specific to this position will not be considered.
Applicants may be contacted prior to the application closing date.