Community Engagement Team Leader
The Community Engagement Team Leader has the responsibility of delivering Expression Australia’s agreed community engagement initiatives, in line with the organisation’s Strategic Plan and Community Engagement Strategy.
The Community Engagement Team Leader will maximise engagement with identified cohorts internally and externally, particularly – but not limited to – the Deaf community.
This role will draw upon organisation-wide resources to deliver agreed outputs and activities that position Expression Australia positively with our cohorts through information dissemination, consultation, events, capacity building and grants.
- In-depth understanding of the needs of our communities and cohorts (Deaf, hard of hearing, LGBTIQ, regional)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in Auslan
- An understanding of contemporary engagement and co-design approaches
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills with individuals, organisations and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and innovatively
- Any relevant tertiary qualifications in community development or engagement
- Able to travel occasionally in regional Victoria and Tasmania
What We Offer
- 15 days sick/carer’s leave
- Salary packaging
- A high energy and supportive work environment
- An emphasis on positive work/life balance
- Free Staff Auslan classes
- Staff wellbeing events
- Staff training and development sessions
For more detailed information about this position, please see the Position Description.
We are an inclusive workplace with an aim to be an employer of an equal number of Deaf and Hard hearing people. Applications from Deaf and Hard of Hearing candidates are encouraged.
To apply please email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: email@example.com - using the subject line: [Your name] – Community Engagement Team Leader