General Manager People & Culture
Having now refreshed and established our new organisational strategy, we are seeking a General Manager People & Culture to lead the development and operationalisation of our People Strategy to align with and underpin our key business objectives.
Reporting to the CEO, the GM P&C will lead our existing P&C team and strategically engage with stakeholders across the organisation to inform, drive and support them on this new direction.
As a Not-For-Profit, we offer a diverse and community-driven environment with our founding principles based on supporting access, inclusion and equality for Deaf and hard of hearing members of our community. Through influential leadership and in the development of frameworks that support and align to these principles, the GM P&C role is an opportunity to impart impactful and positive change to our communities, working in a bilingual and bicultural work environment.
In this role you will:
- Lead, coach and develop the P&C team – supporting their capability growth as required, building the structure, overseeing operational delivery and embedding a continuous improvement mindset
- Develop and implement relevant people frameworks that align with key performance, talent and culture-based objectives
- As a member of the Executive Team, lead the conversation with the CEO and peers to establish P&C priorities and develop the strategic road map
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience as an HR generalist leader who can demonstrate effectiveness across a broad generalist remit – we will be looking at previous experience in areas that include: performance, culture, IR/ER, OD and Talent, change management and recruitment
- Demonstrated experience in operationalising strategy; capability to engage with senior stakeholders on long-term objectives that impact both people and commercial outcomes
- Previous experience working within the Disability sector would be an advantage however more important is the capability to connect and engage with a diverse range of people
Expression Australia is an inclusive organisation with an aim to be an employer of an equal number of Deaf and Hard of hearing people. Applications from Deaf and Hard of Hearing candidates are encouraged.
We welcome applications in Auslan and written, applicants can submit applications via:
- Written resume accompanied by a Cover Letter in the form of an Auslan Video (up to 5 minutes) - applicants can send a link via YouTube, or
- Written resume and Cover Letter.
Applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org - using the subject line: [Your name] - General Manager, People & Culture
Make sure you include a cover letter. We want you to show us who you are as a person, we won’t accept applications without it.