Reporting to NDIS Manager, the Auslan Trainer is responsible for delivering high quality training sessions to a diverse cohort of learners in a variety of settings. Training includes, but not limited to, Auslan, Deaf Awareness and other relevant learning experience.
Working in collaboration with the Learning and Training team, including the Senior Trainer, this role also contributes to the production of quality educational resources, provides feedback and evaluation of the programs and projects and has opportunities for career progression in, but not limited to, the training, video productions, Auslan translation areas and other departments within the organisation.
About the Role:
- Teach Auslan classes in a variety of settings e.g., Community Classes, Kindergartens, Schools, Workplaces and with families
- Teach Deaf Awareness Training
- Contribute ideas to future development of the team
- Run classes at a variety of different times
- You are passionate and experienced teaching Auslan and Deaf Culture
- You can work independently, are organised and have good time management skills
- You are looking for flexible work including a mixture of work during and after business hours (e.g. after 6pm and on some weekends)
- You like working with lots of different people, adapting in your approach to teaching Auslan
- You are fluent in Auslan and have experience with the Deaf community including language and cultural experience
- (Desirable but not mandatory) Diploma of Auslan or Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or other relevant teaching qualification
We are an inclusive organisation with an aim to be an employer of an equal number of Deaf and Hard hearing people. Applications from Deaf and Hard of Hearing candidates are encouraged.
We also encourage applications even if you don’t feel like you fit all of the criteria, if you are interested in this role and making a real difference in people’s lives, we would love to hear from you!
For more detailed information about this position, please see the Position Description.
To apply, fill out the form at the link below.
Alternatively, you can email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: email@example.com - using the subject line: [Your name] – Auslan Trainer
We welcome applications in Auslan and/or English, applicants can submit applications either:
- Resume in English and (or plus) a Cover Letter in Auslan Video (up to 5 minutes) - applicants can send a link via YouTube,
- Resume and Cover Letter both in English