Team Leader Accommodation Services
Accommodation Services provides 24/7 residential service to Deaf/HOH residents with various disabilities. The role of Team Leader – Accommodation Services is varied, undertaking Residential Support Worker duties during the rostered shifts, whilst providing back up support to the Senior Team Leader AS, in the day-to-day running of the Accommodation Service. Also act in charge (2IC) of Accommodation Services every second weekends, during Senior Team Leader AS leave or as directed by Senior Team Leader AS. In charge role includes maintaining supporting AS team, with supervision and SIL (Support Independent Living) outcomes by providing residents in building and maintaining their individual capacities to live the life they wish to lead independently within the accommodation setting and the wider community.
- Leadership experience and qualities
- Good understanding of NDIS and DHHS system relating to residents and accommodation needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of Deaf and Hard of Hearing issues, including social, linguistic and educational impacts of deafness.
- Broad community awareness and experience in navigating the wider community on many levels; strategies, etc.
- Experience working with people with various challenges; mental health, additional disabilities, and/or from non-English speaking backgrounds.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in cooking, food safety and hygiene.
- Experience and awareness with OHS, infection control and prevention.
- Current drivers license.
- Awareness of relevant technology and assistive devices.
What we offer:
- 15 days sick/carer’s leave
- Salary packaging
- A high energy and supportive work environment
- An emphasis on positive work/life balance
- Free Staff Auslan classes
- Staff wellbeing events
- Staff training and development sessions
We are an inclusive workplace with an aim to be an employer of an equal number of Deaf and Hard hearing people. Applications from Deaf and Hard of Hearing candidates are encouraged.
For more detailed information about this position, please see the Position Description.
To apply, fill out the form at the link below.
Alternatively, you can email your resume and cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work for Expression Australia to: email@example.com - using the subject line: [Your name] | Team Leader Accommodation Services
We welcome applications in Auslan and/or English, applicants can submit applications either:
- Resume in English and (or plus) a Cover Letter in Auslan Video (up to 5 minutes) - applicants can send a link via YouTube,
- Resume and Cover Letter both in English