Expression of Interest
Established in 1884, Expression Australia has a long and proud history of supporting people who are Deaf and hard of hearing across Victoria and Tasmania. We are excited to explore further support for the community as be seek to expand our operations nationally.
We provide a range of services to support people who are Deaf, hard of hearing or LGBTIQA+ or who experience other barriers in their life. Our services include Support Coordination, Support Work, Interpreting, Employment Services, Training, Audiology, Reconnect, Video Productions and assistive technology.
- In-depth understanding of the needs of our communities and cohorts (Deaf, hard of hearing, LGBTIQA+, regional)
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Auslan Fluency or a desire to learn
- Strong time management skills, able to plan, set priorities to meet objectives
- Passion to support community and deliver meaningful outcomes
What We Offer
- 15 days sick/carer’s leave
- Salary packaging
- A high energy and supportive work environment
- An emphasis on positive work/life balance
- Free Staff Auslan classes
- Staff wellbeing events
- Staff training and development sessions
We are an inclusive workplace with an aim to be an employer of an equal number of Deaf and Hard hearing people. Applications from Deaf and Hard of Hearing candidates are encouraged.
Expression of Interest forms for various roles can be found below.
Please Note: As of February 2021, successful applicants will be required to obtain a NDIS Worker Screening Check, this check is at the cost of the applicant. Expression Australia will advise a candidate when they need to undertake this check.
Not interested in any of these roles?